One Knight in the Dungeon
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
One Knight in the Dungeon is a modern take on the old roguelike genre:
- It's turn-based, but doesn't block on animations so you can play as fast as you want (animation speed is also configurable).
- You can play in glorious modern 3D, or retro CP437/ASCII modes.
- Movement is grid-based, but with "tweening" to provide a modern look.
- You can play entirely with the keyboard, the mouse, or a combination of the two.
- You start with a character class, but can pick up skills from any tree as you progress: you have the flexibility to build whatever character suits your play-style.
- All levels are procedurally generated, providing infinite replayability.
- With hundreds of skills (including spells), items and monsters - you have the flexibility to enjoy a different game each time. Or you can re-enter a "seed" and play the same game again.
- The more controversial roguelike aspects are configurable: you can turn permadeath on or off (but you NEVER keep progression between games), item identification can be enabled or disabled, and the hunger clock is configurable.
- There are 50 levels included in the game. More are planned for future expansion.
- Most of the game is defined in Lua "raw" files - it's moddable out of the box.
You can learn more about the game at its website: https://oneknight.bracketproductions.com/
Operating System: Windows 7/10 or a recent Linux.
CPU: Core i5 or better/equivalent
RAM: 4 Gb
Discrete video card (nVidia and AMD tested), capable of DirectX 10 or Vulkan (on Linux).
|Updated||2 days ago|
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure|
|Made with||Unreal Engine|
|Tags||Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat, Turn-based Strategy, Unreal Engine|
|Average session||A few hours|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Getting ready for release15 days ago
- Alpha 5 is live! Mostly quality of life improvements19 days ago
- Alpha 4 - New Items & Bugfixes42 days ago
- Alpha 3: Improved ASCII, Mini-Maps and Tooltips62 days ago
- Alpha 2 - Quality of Life Update77 days ago
- One Knight in the Dungeon - Alpha 190 days ago
- Build 17 - A Completeable Game96 days ago
- Build 15 - Performance!May 09, 2019