One Knight in the Dungeon
A downloadable game for Windows
PRE-ALPHA: THIS GAME IS NOT COMPLETE. SEE STATUS, BELOW.
The most recent build (build 5) now runs without crashing on several test computers.
One Knight in the Dungeon is a modern take on the old roguelike genre:
- It's turn-based, but doesn't block on animations so you can play as fast as you want (animation speed is also configurable).
- You can play in glorious modern 3D, or retro CP437/ASCII modes.
- Movement is grid-based, but with "tweening" to provide a modern look.
- You can play entirely with the keyboard, the mouse, or a combination of the two.
- You start with a character class, but can pick up skills from any tree as you progress: you have the flexibility to build whatever character suits your play-style.
- All levels are procedurally generated, providing infinite replayability.
- With hundreds of skills (including spells), items and monsters - you have the flexibility to enjoy a different game each time. Or you can re-enter a "seed" and play the same game again.
- The more controversial roguelike aspects are configurable: you can turn permadeath on or off (but you NEVER keep progression between games), item identification can be enabled or disabled, and the hunger clock is configurable.
- There are 50 levels included in the game. More are planned for future expansion.
- Most of the game is defined in Lua "raw" files - it's moddable out of the box.
You can learn more about the game at the work-in-progress website (at a temporary URL for now): http://oneknight.bracketproductions.com/
The game, right now, is in PRE-ALPHA. You can play to the end, but there are known balance problems, not all creatures are present yet, there's a bunch more items to come, more music/sound to come, etc. Most importantly, later-game content is not present yet! In other words, please enjoy this build, but please let me know about bugs - and check back for updates that finish off the game!
The plan is to keep Alpha downloads free, and then move to a paid/early-access model when the game is more-or-less complete.
|Updated||7 days ago|
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure|
|Made with||Unreal Engine|
|Tags||Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat, Turn-based Strategy, Unreal Engine|
|Average session||A few hours|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Pre-Alpha Build 13: More NPC Variety, Ferny Ham Branch, Graphics7 days ago
- Build 1113 days ago
- Build 11 - New Player Experience, Progression, Balance, Scoring and Leaderboards21 days ago
- Build 10 - Improved graphics, nicer UI, Lua moddable skills35 days ago
- Build 9 - Vaults, Better Props, Beginning Balance41 days ago
- Build 8 - Skills, Refactoring and Load Reduction49 days ago
- Build 7 - Stability and Making it Friendlier!56 days ago
- Build 6 - More Stability, 3D Mode Play62 days ago