One Knight in the Dungeon
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
ALPHA: THIS GAME IS NOT COMPLETE. SEE STATUS, BELOW.
One Knight in the Dungeon is a modern take on the old roguelike genre:
- It's turn-based, but doesn't block on animations so you can play as fast as you want (animation speed is also configurable).
- You can play in glorious modern 3D, or retro CP437/ASCII modes.
- Movement is grid-based, but with "tweening" to provide a modern look.
- You can play entirely with the keyboard, the mouse, or a combination of the two.
- You start with a character class, but can pick up skills from any tree as you progress: you have the flexibility to build whatever character suits your play-style.
- All levels are procedurally generated, providing infinite replayability.
- With hundreds of skills (including spells), items and monsters - you have the flexibility to enjoy a different game each time. Or you can re-enter a "seed" and play the same game again.
- The more controversial roguelike aspects are configurable: you can turn permadeath on or off (but you NEVER keep progression between games), item identification can be enabled or disabled, and the hunger clock is configurable.
- There are 50 levels included in the game. More are planned for future expansion.
- Most of the game is defined in Lua "raw" files - it's moddable out of the box.
You can learn more about the game at the work-in-progress website (at a temporary URL for now): http://oneknight.bracketproductions.com/
This game is in alpha testing. The majority of functionality is present, and it runs pretty well on test machines. It'll continue to be free throughout alpha. Please let me know about any issues you encounter.
|Updated||5 days ago|
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure|
|Made with||Unreal Engine|
|Tags||Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat, Turn-based Strategy, Unreal Engine|
|Average session||A few hours|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Alpha 3: Improved ASCII, Mini-Maps and Tooltips5 days ago
- Alpha 2 - Quality of Life Update20 days ago
- One Knight in the Dungeon - Alpha 133 days ago
- Build 17 - A Completeable Game39 days ago
- Build 15 - Performance!47 days ago
- Build 14 - Linux Support, RAM reduction and More Branches61 days ago
- Pre-Alpha Build 13: More NPC Variety, Ferny Ham Branch, Graphics74 days ago
- Build 1181 days ago