Build 28 - Lots and lots of fixes/improvements
This is nearly the last alpha build! Thanks to lots of people sending me feedback, I feel the game has significantly improved. This build adds on a LOT of improvements; there should be one more big bag of improvements before I can start calling it "beta".
What's new in this build?
- Fix on level change if you have a faster PC than me!
- The visibility system won't crash if you restart the game repeatedly.
- Fog of War now uses a clamping mechanism on coordinates to avoid nasty flickery effects off of the side of the map.
- Death animations everywhere.
- Fix over-scroll passing through on windows - you won't zoom the map anymore by scrolling with the mouse wheel.
- Hotkeys for consumables are working well.
- Focus control on character creation, so the hotkeys work reliably.
- A new "wait until healed" key, and prompts to wait when you are low on pools.
- Leaderboard membership is a bit more obvious.
- Using a skill and not having the points for it now generates a visual warning.
- Scaling on various windows.
- The mini-map is MUCH easier to read.
- The game/combat log is much better formatted, and now visible once more while playing.
- Enabling auto-scrap no longer automatically scraps consumables for parts.
- A big pass over baddies means they will almost never one-shot you now.
- Ranged weapons have undergone a complete balance pass.
- Wizards have been re-balanced - they were too easy.
- Much better door and light placement in the dungeon levels.
- Ambient light levels are better in the dungeons.
- Various AoE spells work better, now.
- Mouse targeting for AoE spells is greatly improved.
- Lots of particle effect improvements.
- Lightning bolts now turn into an explosion if they hit water.
- Fire effects correctly detonate explosives.
Get One Knight in the Dungeon
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.