Build 3 - Stability
Build 3 Changes
Note: I recommend using Itch's app to keep updated. That way, you only have to download a small
delta patch rather than re-downloading the whole thing.
Build 3 is all about stability.
- No longer play the explosion animation/sound when clicking to move. That was debug code that accidentally went live.
- Alchemy skills are now underneath an Alchemy skill, with everyone starts.
- Moving into a tile occupied by a friendly or neutral does not trigger an attack - instead, you trade places.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if you were playing *really fast*, and the garbage-collector becomes confused. This was found with automated testing, I hadn't managed to trigger it in actual play.
- Added a critical section to the asset loader; it could under heavy load cause a race condition resulting in a crash. This causes a slight slowdown.
- Added a critical section to the MapLink and CharacterHolder classes, for similar reasons.
- Apply latest UE4 hotfix.
- The rain particle effect is a little smoother (100% GPU).
- Some RAM allocation tweaks (basically more allocating up-front and fewer temporaries); a long automated testing session never exceeds 3.2 Gb now (typically 2-3).
- Fix a division by zero error in the HUD.
- The floating "+1" (or whatever) messages above characters' heads kept causing crashes in automated testing. Temporarily disabled them, and stability improved considerably.
- Identified and - I believe - fixed a crash in the achievement counter code. It was very rarely triggered.
- Included debug information, which bloats the build but gives me better crash reporting.
Get One Knight in the Dungeon
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.